I wish I liked this more....Or rather, I wish this had been a better book!

Allegiant  - Veronica Roth

[spoiler]Well written, but with too many plot holes left unresolved.And I feel like it's lacking a good bit of depth, like we only get to delve into the shallowest bits of the story....

It took me just under a year to read book one, because the beginning was just too....slow/uninteresting, and I almost decided to put this one down as well, but for one reason or another, I made it to the end....And I have to say, I hate how the author ended the book, even if I can see why she ended it that way( or at least why I think she did). It's not the first story I've read that has an ending like this, but every time I come across them, I'm left with the same thought: it's a cop out.

So now, I don't know if I'll read anything new from VR, I'm not sure I'd trust her with my time again, but maybe later, I'll attempt to read the bits(novellas?) from Fours' point of view,
it feels like they'd be impossible to read, now that i know  how everything ends,but.... we'll see.

And honestly, If I'd read spoilers for this, I probably would've stopped reading, early on... As it is, I'm still working out whether or not I'm happy I read this series at all. One on hand, I'm glad I experienced Ms Roths' writing style, but on the other, I feel like I've wasted time on this series, when I could've read something that didn't leave me in a mix of confusion, disappointment, and frustration.

2 stars, bit it's more like somewhere in the range between 1 and 3 stars.