In a Heartbeat - Donna  Richards This had been on my WL for months …quite possibly years, so I finally gave in and bought it new and read it in a matter of hours… So…About 70% is from the heroine's perspective. The characters could have been a bit more fleshed out as well as the Heroes’ background. We get a little bit of info, but not enough to really know where he's coming from.For the most part, though this was a pretty good book... The story was well plotted, and it doesn’t feel like any of the story lines were started and then alter abandoned…Everything seemed to wrap up neatly at the end. There was some inspirational like stuff near the end that was a little bothersome (mostly because it was so unexpected) but not enough to really effect my overall reading enjoyment (and considering how irreligious I am, that's saying something!)Also my inner Morality police must be a bit stricter then the authors because (and this is a bit of a spoiler) the fact that the Hero was constantly with the heroine (hugging, flirting, whatever), despite not being technically free to be "with” the heroine bugged the bejesus out of me...If it weren't for that last aspect of the book I'd have probably enjoyed it a lot more.So, while this wasn’t the best book I’ve ever read, it's unquestionably a good intro to Donna Richards as an author, and I’m definitely planning on reading more of her titles :)One last thing I think should be mentioned is that this isn’t one of Samhains’ romantic erotica titles… It’s more a contemporary romance, with only a couple sex scenes.