In The Warrior's Bed - Mary Wine, James Griffin Let me start by mentioning that I didn't read In bed with a Stranger, the book before In the Warrior's Bed, but even with a handful of references to it, I didn't have any trouble follwing this one.Having said that, the story for the most part is well written but ultimately a let down. It's the same ol' song and dance as every other highlander HR. I kept wating to be surprised but if you're familar at all with Historical Romances the the plot is pretty predictable. Added to that there are quite a few "huh? Why did he/she do that?" moments that aren't really explained and just left me confused.Oh! and the love scenes! MW is (was?) a writer for Ellora's Cave so I actually expected hotter scenes then the humdrum ones In the Warrior's Bed offered. Again, they're well written, just a bit too tame.Overall, I think the best way to describe this is as a comfort read, or an in-between read. Nothing new is offered, there's only a minimum of angst to deal with (no Jealous exes!) and a HEA: Very easy, very light reading.