The Guardian (Return of the Highlanders #1) - Margaret Mallory So I got this via net galley and then forgot that I requested it, til today :)Having said that, The guardian was also my first Mallory book. Altogether it was a pretty good book... By no means great, but fairly average.... I'm not about to run out and get the next book in the series, though if I come across a copy I'd definitely add it to ol' mount TBR, and save it for a rainy day.The story wasn't anything out of the ordinary, though things didn't always go the way I thought they would. Add to that, the hero takes a while to like...I tried to keep reminding myself that he's pretty young in the beginning, but even after he comes back he seems pretty shallow and self involved...he eventually becomes more likable, but I don't think I'd ever call him a favorite...So yeah, altogether an okay read if you're at odds and ends, and looking for a way to pass the time, but if you've got a sizable tbr pile, IMO you really wouldn't be missing anything by skipping this one.Having said that, I wanted to add that I like ms mallory's writing style, she did tell a pretty well developed, if not terribly original, story...really the only thing I'd chang is the heroines name...even knowing how supposed to be pronounced, SHEE-las, I had a helll of a time with it!