Sex, Lies and Surveillance (DeMarco Investigations, #1) - Stephanie Julian Okay so for the most part Sex, Lies, and Surveillance, was a well written, fun, and entertaining read, though I have to be honest and say I did have some problems with it. The heroines parents are spy legacies, who've left the business for a family owned and operated family PI agency...which is so successful, they needed to hire an extra hand, which also serves to take some of the load of the h's dad, who's had some health problems of late....Enter the hero, and so Begins S, L, & S....and the start of one of my issues...The heroines parents are built up...they're built up a lot... So much so, that at times, I was more interested in their story then I ever was the heroines. In retrospect, it sorta felt that becasue of how every other character responded to her parents,(they're just so great, so amazing, such paragons) they stole her story's thunder....does the make sense?Also certain details/ideas get thrown in but are never explained as well as I'd like....Or maybe it's just that we only get the hero and heroines point of view, when more perspectives are needed....It seemed like there were quite a few places we could have had a couple pages from either one of the heroines parents...or from one of her brothers...or her best friend...but because we dont get their input (even just a pargraph!), it feels like only part of the story was told...Again, I'm not sure if that makes sense, but I ended this feeling like i was missing something, that there was just so much more story (that i really really wanted to know!) then the small amount we get. But really it's the ending that was the real disappointment for me....from the summary you know the hero goes undercover....so when the heroine finds out....it seems like she gets over his lies, super super fast....maybe because we don't get to access to the implied introspection she goes through, it's hard for me to see how she went from feeling angry/hurt/betrayed, to wanting the hero back....even with his apology, I didn't really get how their elationship went from the I'm sorry's to I forgive you's and honestly the way it's written it feels like it's only after the h's family & friends tell her to forgive him/ go after him/ let him explain himself that she wants to do anything....so while I did enjoy it, and am looking forward to another book featuring the DeMarco clan, I can only give S, L & S, 3 stars....I liked it, but it could have been so so much better! I was lucky enough to receive a copy of this ebook from netgalley :)