Unbound -  Jennifer Ashley, Hanna Martine, Jean Johnson, Angela Knight So review/rating is for Perfect Mate by Jennifer Ashley, only. so real quick, the plot: h is independent shifter female, H comes to town, wants to mate h. Has her cubs permission, and has to get past h's reticence. Add in unnecessary suspense-y tpye of side story, and that's the story. Now, Perfect Mate is a hard story for anyone not familiar with the Shifters Unbound series to get into. This definitely goes for me, as I haven't read any of the books before this one, and so I didn't really have any background info (on characters, their relationships, any big bads taken down or threatening their livelihoods, etc) , and couldn't really get into the story...I finished it, but it dragged for me. To be fair though, i did read book 5 in the series, [b:Tiger Magic|15713700|Tiger Magic (Shifters Unbound, #5)|Jennifer Ashley|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1362270455s/15713700.jpg|21382089] (this one, is 4.5 in the series) and loved it despite not knowing any history from the other books, so maybe it's just that there wasn't enough time to really build the story, or maybe it's because in order to enjoy this one, IMO, you really need to know the characters. Honestly, if i had read 'Perfect Mate' first, I probably wouldn't have even given Tiger Magic a try. Either way, for me, this was between a 2.5 and 3 star read.