Ascension

Ascension - Caris Roane Holy crap, what An amazing start to a series!  It's been a while since I've found a new author to love, so I can't seem to stop smiling...Over all the story is well written, fast paced, and pretty well developed. I only had 2 negatives: One is the lady in charge of the good guys  is another abrasive femme fatale ..in other words a bitch...no, really, all the characters in the book call her a bitch.... She calls herself a bitch... And honestly? It's just really tiring...maybe if she'd had a smaller role I wouldn't have minded, but she's in a good chunk of the book....and her attitude just got on my nerves!The second thing that bugged me was the amount of importance lent to the hero's now deceased second wife... I don't mind that she exists, just that so much of the relationship b/w the H and h seemed to revolve around her! And okay spoiler hereBut the fact that the heroine wants to name their  daughter after said wife? a little to sweet for me to stomach.But the book is a good length, a ton of stuff happens,is is pretty hot  though not too graphic, at least not IMO) so despite the two (overall, minor) annoyances this was a  killer first book in the World of Ascension series! ( welcome to my auto buy list, Ms Roane!)