A Witch's Handbook of Kisses and Curses (Half Moon Hollow, #2)

A Witch's Handbook of Kisses and Curses (Half Moon Hollow, #2) - Molly Harper 3 stars:Now to be fair, I'm not much of a 'witch' fan, there are a few exceptions, but usually I skip 'em, but the synopsis lulled me in...so just bear that in mind. So Quickly my issues:the first half is slow, in particular on the romance front. I almost abandoned it altogether. The hero is a Total beta...if done well, this is something i don't usually take issue with, but for me, it just didn't work with Jed (yes, that is the H's name)which leads me to: the whole story is from the h's point of view....I've gotten to the point where this doesn't bug me as often as it used to, BUT, this time, i think his view point would have made it a lot easier for me to like him, and the rest of the story to boot. and the humor: It got a few laugh right out loud moments from me, but they were few and far between. Also, and this is really a technicality, but this is a secret baby book. Granted the h, was the secret baby, but i found myself so freaking mad at her grandmother for playing the 'I-know-best' game, and not even bothering to tell the father of her kid that he helped to create a freaking life. oh and for a pnr, there's really very little world building, IMO. Now granted this is the second book in the series, and I didn't read the first, nor the series featuring Jane Jameson (who appears quite a bit in this book) so that could have been why, but as those two, IIRC, are both Vampire related rather then Witchy, i figured I'd be okay. (I was wrong). So yeah, 3 stars.