A Werewolf in Manhattan (Wild About You Series #1)

A Werewolf in Manhattan - Vicki Lewis Thompson So maybe it's because my family's  from southeast Asia, but all the family pressure stuff the hero had to deal with made it pretty hard for me to like aWiM.  Having to deal with it myself, on a regular basis...well reading about it sorta made the escapism I was looking for, out of reach.But take that part of the story out  of the equation, and I still don't think I'd be able to say I liked it. I blame the heroine.  She  was just a little too understanding about every damn thing....she wasn't a pushover, but I'd have liked some anger, or hell, even a hissy fit from her. And how things were resolved...well it may just be me, but it all came about a little to easily....and again it's the heroine that mostly bugs me...she finds out the truth, and isn't worried about her life  at all, really? It wasn't a bad book though....it was pretty well written, if predictable, though I liked the set up....It's nowhere near my favorite VLT title ( her nerd series was so much better)  nor does it rank anywhere near my favorite PNR  titles, but it's an easy, light read....just  don't set your expectations too high.somewhere between 2.5 and 3 stars.