In Bed with a Highlander (McCabe Trilogy #1)

In Bed with a Highlander - Maya Banks In bed with a highlander 9/12So i'll admit to being surprised by how much I enjoyed Maya banks first historical. Like many reviewers have stated, it is reminiscent of older Julie Garwood novels,but it also reminded me of Lynsay Sands medievals, both of which I love (both series are on my keeper shelves) Having said that, the book itself is pretty straightforward, with very little angst. Honestly, that's the main bit that  annoyed me:  each time there was some sort of conflict, It would be resolved a page or two later....it just seemed too easy. Oh plus it's not exactly historically accurate, so if that's the sort of thing that annoys you, be prepared to be annoyed...Despite being a fan of said historical accuracy, I'm not a stickler, so for me In Bed with a Highlander was a fun, quick read, it   kept me entertained and turning the pages.... though I'll admit, by the time I got to the end of the book it did feel a bit too short!keep in mind too, that while it does have love scenes in it, this is not one of ms banks erotic novels, and for that I have to say thanks!If I was rating her books, I'd say that I enjoy these, almost as much as her KGI books, where as I almost never make it to the end of her erotic novels (I've started a bunch of em, but have only finished two, and liked one)anyways, I'm looking forward to the next book...though I will say, if you read a lot of highlander romances, you may find this series pretty predictable.... I don't, so I say let the good times roll :)