The Hunger Games (Hunger Games Series #1)

The Hunger Games - Suzanne  Collins So I picked this up sorta randomly.., I was pretty sure I was never going to read this..., dunno why, just thought I wouldn't get around to it..and I really didn't have any interest in it. So because of that, i ended up looking at a handful of spoilers, mostly stuff that happened at the beginning...then the movie came out and for whatever reason I decided to give it a chance...and I've gotta say, I just don't get it...and the fact that i dont get it, and can't really join a bandwagon i wouldn't have minded joining, only makes it worse. I mean, okay, it was well written, sure and it progresses really well, but I just wasn't super crazy excited about it...honestly there were even a few bits where I got bored, or maybe just not engaged in the story is a better way of putting it.Either way, I had to push myself to keep going...mostly I guess because a lot of what happened, IMO, was pretty predictable. What I figured would happen, is exactly what happened. Can you say irritating? Add to that, I wasn't overly fond of the heroine...her name is all kinds of awesome, Katniss! But she annoyed me ....she was just a little too... hard, for me to really like....while its understandable considering her background, it didn't make it any easier to like her, at least not for me.I also don't know what to think of Peeta. At times he was very sweet, but at the same time seemed very naive, and very young. I would've like to get to know him more, as well as the other district 12 characters...they all seemed pretty interesting, and I sorta feel gypped that we didn't spend too much time with 'em.Having said all that book two, Catching Fire, actually sounds a lot better then this one, so I'm looking forward to reading it..,,and hoping it'll keep me guessing a whole hell of a lot more then Hunger games did. 3 stars.