Shatter Me

Shatter Me  - Tahereh Mafi So I'll be honest...as soon as I saw this was written in first person, I was pretty sure I was gonna be skipping it....then I read the first sentences...then a few more...then I couldn't seem to stop....this was so much more than I expected, that I'm ( and I've never had a reason rouse this word til now) flabbergasted ...I mean,  it's just so so good...and enthrall ing, and holy crap, I'm almost in tears because I want another book, but at the same time I'm beyond terrified of picking it because,what if it's not as good? I'm not even sure how I'd handle that disappointment! But those last few pages....dammit, I'm not sure I'd even be able to actually hold off on reading the next book! It's wasn't a horrible place to stop, actually, the more that I think about it, it was probably the best place, if she had to stop...but I'm sitting here wishing she could've kept on going....I would have love a few hundred more pages or so :)The main character is ...well I feel so bad for her, and then I'm just so damn proud of her, and I love all the secondary characters....ms Mafi does a great job showing us this world she's created, so much so,   I can picture it pretty vividly in my head....and everything moves so fast! I can't believe this is TM's debut novel! It's just so freaking amazing! Now that I've finished gushing, I don't know what else to say....um, it's easy to read, easy to get lost in, I hated having to find places to stop....Oh and the writing style...I loved it, but it might bug some people....it's sorta stream of conscious- like, but with grammar....I'd say read an excerpt, you run the risk of getting completely sucked in, but at least you'll be able to tell if the style will annoy you....